Frequency of Hysterectomy in Morbidly Adherent Placenta in Post Cesarean Section Patients: A Cross Sectional Study
A Cross Sectional Study
Keywords:Hysterectomy, Morbidly Adherent Placenta, Cesarean Section
Abnormal Implantation of the Placenta in uterine walls is the condition known as Morbidly Adherent Placenta. It includes Placenta accreta, increta and percreta. It is mostly reported after history of placental previa and C-section. The irreversible damages from Abnormal Placentation that includes morbidity and mortality in women can be prevented by a holistic approach of treatment.
To determine the frequency of hysterectomy in morbidly adherent placenta in post-cesarean section patients.
A Hospital based descriptive cross-sectional study of 8 months, from September 2019 to April 2020 was carried out at the Obstetrics and Gynecology department. A total of 210 participants were selected for the study. Non probability consecutive sampling technique was used for data collection.
The Frequency of Hysterectomy in morbidly adherent placenta in post Cesarean section women was reported 166 (79.04%), out of the remaining 44 (20.96%) patients the Triple P was reported in 21 (10%) patients and B-Lynch done in 15 (7.14%) patients and 8 (3.8%) were reported with Balloon Tamponade.
The frequency of hysterectomy in MAP is high. Attention is required to be given to conservative methods to protect fertility.